JOB SUMMARY: The ideal candidate will be passionate and committed to ALA’s mission to serve and empower immigrant communities through community-based organizing, education, outreach and leadership building. The organizer will work with staff, volunteers and other partner organizations to grow and improve the representation of the immigrant community in Santa Clara County through voter registration, voter education, Census outreach and other community organizing efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register and educate potential voters at events, community sites and through individual door-to-door engagement in immigrant neighborhoods
- Organize voter education forums and voter canvassing prior to and during elections
- Conduct poll monitoring on Election Day
- Work on all 2020 Census related activities including community education and outreach as well as participation on collaborative organizational committees
- Provide non-legal support including organizing and advocacy for pending litigation related to redistricting and voter representation
- Participate in mandatory trainings on voter registration, voter outreach, voter rights, and other electoral issues
- Participate in any and all other ALA civic engagement projects surrounding immigrant rights and civil rights issues
- Ensure accurate and complete data on all of the above submitted in a timely fashion
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience conducting presentations to immigrant and limited English proficient communities preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to follow guidelines to complete required tasks
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical; dental; and vision plan; sick leave, 403(b) plan, Flexible spending plan, paid vacation and holidays.
HOURS: Includes some weekends and evenings; must be available on National Voter Registration Day and Election Day.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to Dorothy Hwang at email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Open until filled.
Asian Law Alliance (ALA) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds, especially individuals from immigrant and refugee communities. People of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ persons, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to seek employment at ALA.