POSITION: Administrative Assistant
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Asian Law Alliance (ALA) is a non-profit community law office that has provided legal services, community education and advocacy services since 1977 to the Asian/Pacific Islander and immigrant communities in Santa Clara County. Priority areas are immigration, housing, domestic violence, public benefits and civil rights.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides support to staff attorneys and administrative staff with client intake, case files, office management and general support. The administrative assistant deals directly with ALA’s client base, which is composed primarily of low income, limited English speaking Asian/Pacific Islanders and immigrant/refugee communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Executive Director in managing agency projects
- Greeting and directing clients
- Maintaining and summarizing monthly statistical reports of legal work
- Answering phones, maintaining filing system, purchasing office supplies.
- When necessary, providing interpretation and translation for legal casework and community education
- Maintaining the ALA mailing list
- Assisting in other areas of ALA programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Familiarity with word processing/computer equipment
- Bilingual skills in Asian Language or Spanish highly desirable
- California driver’s license and own vehicle preferred
COMPENSATION: Salary $3,354 per month – $3,875 per month / DOE. Benefits include medical; dental; and vision plan; sick leave, 403(b) plan, Flexible spending plan, paid vacation and holidays.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to:
Richard Konda, Executive Director
ASIAN LAW ALLIANCE
991 West Hedding Street, Suite 202
San Jose, CA 95126
Deadline to apply: Open until filled.
The Asian Law Alliance is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer