POSITION: Staff Attorney
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Asian Law Alliance (ALA) is a non-profit community law office that has provided legal services, community education and advocacy services since 1977 to the Asian and Pacific Islanders communities in Santa Clara County. Priority areas are immigration, housing, domestic violence, public benefits and civil rights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Counseling and Representation: Conduct intake; provide representation in Immigration and Naturalization cases, Removal Defense and other immigration law areas as needed.
Community Education: Organize and conduct presentations on various legal topics. Drafting and reviewing community education pamphlets.
Community Organizing/Advocacy: Advocacy work on community issues as required; networking with other service providers, organizations and government agencies to enhance services to the Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar
- Experience or interest in immigration law
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander communities and low-income communities
- Bilingual skills in Asian (particularly Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese) or Pacific Islander language highly desirable
- California driver’s license and own vehicle required
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include medical; dental; and vision plans; sick leave; paid vacation, 403(b) plan, flexible spending plan.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to:
Richard Konda, Executive Director
Asian Law Alliance
991 West Hedding Street, Suite 202
San Jose, CA 95126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: UNTIL FILLED