Volunteers have been important to the success of the Asian Law Alliance. ALA recruits volunteers for our law clerk positions and our community service volunteers.
Law Clerk positions
Law clerks may have the opportunity to participate in various aspects of ALA services, including initial client contact, fact investigation, legal research and writing, drafting of pleadings and discovery materials and trial and hearing preparation. Law clerks may also assist the efforts of both the community education and community organizing programs. Law clerk qualifications:
- A demonstrated concern for the needs of Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- A demonstrated concern for the needs of low-income people in general.
- Law student training and/or legal experience preferred but not required.
- Bilingual skills in an Asian or Pacific Islander language highly desirable.
Law clerk positions during the summer are highly competitive. Please contact ALA for more information.
Community service volunteer positions
Community Service volunteers may have the opportunity to participate in a variety of administrative and fundraising support services. ALA seeks volunteer interns in such areas as: marketing, media and journalism, fundraising, graphic arts, translation and interpretation.
Community Service volunteer qualifications
- A demonstrated interest/concern for the needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander and low income communities.
- A commitment of a minimum of 10 hours a week, for 10 consecutive weeks, during the hours of 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday-Friday.
- To volunteer call ALA at (408) 287-9710