Asian Law Alliance is seeking a full-time Development Associate to support fundraising for ALA programs empowering diverse low-income residents of Silicon Valley through legal services, community education, and organizing.
Primary responsibilities will include helping leverage ALA’s Customer Relations Management database, assisting with annual fundraising event including generating and posting flyers/graphic design, publishing ALA’s online newsletter, assisting with grant writing, and generating invoices and tax acknowledgments. The Development Associate will work hybrid, spending 8-16 hours per week in ALA’s office in San Jose. He/she/they will be supervised by ALA’s Development Director. A minimum two-year commitment is expected for this position.
- Strong interest in leveraging CRM and other technology to support fundraising
- Experience supporting communications and graphic design to promote events, fundraising, and/or social justice
- Excellent writing, attention to detail, and time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress while working under pressure and deadlines
- Understanding of priority needs of vulnerable low-income communities
- Self-awareness to collaborate and build consensus within a culturally diverse group
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to advancing justice, dignity, and equality
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All ALA employees are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to onboarding. New employees can be considered for a medical or religious accommodation by providing the appropriate accommodation documentation.
Compensation & benefits:
Starting salary of $62,400 or more (depending on skills and experience). Benefits will include medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid sick leave and vacation; 403(b) retirement; flexible spending plan.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references to: Aleli Samson, Development Director, email@example.com. References will not be contacted before a first interview.
The position will remain open until filled.
Asian Law Alliance is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.