Asian Law Alliance is seeking a full-time Development & Communications Associate to support fundraising for ALA programs empowering diverse low-income residents of Silicon Valley through legal services, community education, and organizing.
ALA’s Development & Communications Associate is critical to growing the organization’s programs to fulfill our mission to advance justice, dignity, and equality for all. The dynamic role requires a creative, hardworking, results-oriented professional who enjoys leading projects, building relationships, and solving problems.
Primary responsibilities include assisting with ALA’s annual gala and year-round fundraising campaigns, generating and posting content to ALA’s website and social media platforms, drafting articles for and publishing ALA’s online newsletter, conducting research to support grant applications, generating invoices, tax acknowledgement, and thank you letters, entering data, and providing other administrative support as needed.
The successful candidate will work 2-3 days at ALA’s San Jose, CA office and must have a valid California driver’s license and access to an automobile. The Development & Communications Associate will be supervised by ALA’s Development Director.
- Experienced in development, communications, and/or advocacy related to the legal rights of disadvantaged communities, carried out in/for an office or other professional environment
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, time-management, active listening, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contact, respond to, and follow up with a wide array of stakeholders effectively
- Strong interest in leveraging customer relations management applications and other technology to support fundraising
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, work independently, and be driven by a sense of accountability to meet team goals
- Capacity to manage stress while working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Maturity and self-awareness to collaborate with diverse staff
- Commitment to advancing justice, dignity, and equality
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Compensation & benefits:
Starting salary of $56,000-$65,000 (depending on relevant education, skills, and experience). Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid sick leave and vacation; 403(b) retirement; flexible spending plan.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references to: Aleli Samson, Development Director, email@example.com. References will not be contacted before a first interview.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by Friday, November 17, 2023.
Asian Law Alliance is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.